The Cursed (formerly Tenebrous) was a film I wrote back in 2006 and made in 2007 as a producer and writer.
It stars Costas Mandylor, Louis Mandylor (brothers playing brothers), and Brad Thornton. Distributed by Tri-Coast Worldwide.
Here is the IMDB page for the movie.
Some trivia, since IMDB doesn’t seem to want to take it:
- The original screenplay was written over a weekend. Started on a Friday night at 7pm, finished on Sunday morning, 3am.
- There are approximately 300 CGI shots in the final cut.
- The creature, played by Sean Vellenga, stood almost seven feet tall when in costume.
- We really did burn an old barn down to the ground. We devoted an entire day to just those scenes.
- Originally Gene Witham was hired to do the sfx makeup, but when Phil Melfi and I saw his picture, I immediately said, “That’s Bellington! See if he’ll do that part!”
- Shot in Warren County, Tennessee. In fact, some of the locations were visible from the front porch of the house I was living in at the time.